Tuesday 14 January 2014

Soggy Upton Warren

On Sunday for the first time ever I went to Upton on my own! Tina was going to the Theatre in Bromsgrove with her Mom and I was meeting afterwards for some fittle!

I decided just to go to the Moors as the weather was horrible, keeps the walking in that muck down to a minimum. Tried the short path to the two hides first and decided to go upstairs.

The feedeers here were quite busy with; Bullfinch, Greenfich, Chaffinch, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Reed Bunting, Robin, Mallard, Moorhen and a Rat!





But what wind there was was blowing the drizzle straight in the hide so I set off to the East Hide, picking up some Lesser Redpoll on the way:
It was a large group of Redpoll, but I couldn't pick out the reported Mealy Redpoll in the murk!

So from the East hide the Snipe ca40 were displaying really well, but no sign of a  Jack Snipe:
There were some Curlew about as well, that kept coming and going, the most I counted at any one time was 10:

Plenty of Shoveler about too:
and Cormorants:
Pochard:
and Teal, Great Crested Grebe, Little Grebe, BHG, Lesser Black-backed Gull, a single Common Gull, a few Starling coming in to roost at dusk, but sadly the Bittern didn't show (again)

In future if we are coming to Upton, I'll let people know, because when we come the Bittern stays in hiding!


No comments:

Post a Comment