Friday 17 May 2013

Lunchtime at Haden Hill

As the sun was shining I took the opportunity to have a wander around Haden Hill Park and Corngreaves NR at lunchtime yesterday (Thursday)

At first I didn't think I would see much, to many dog walkers again! A real pain in the Mutt! The Bluebells and Wild Garlic are a picture though and the smell of the Garlic in some of the walks is anazing. (If you like Garlic that is!)

Once down on the NR though it wasn't to bad. So much so I saw a first (for me) for the reserve a Whitethroat:
So made the whole walk well worthwhile. I had a fleeting glimpse of a Green Woodpecker at one point, I tried to follow it, but an elderly chap with 2 yapping dogs put paid to that, Oh well it is a public park!

There were plenty of Nuthatches about, but they were a tad camera shy, but I managed to get one:
as it skittered around a tree nearby.
The rest were the usual suspects, so just a few record shots for the walk:
Buzzard, circling over Corngreaves Hall

Lunchtime

A 'Tree' Mallard

A 'Tree' Moorhen

Scraggy Robin!

No comments:

Post a Comment